BIOGRAPHY Jacques Weyer (°1946)
Site : www.jacquesweyer.net
1946 : born in Lyon (France).
1965-74: University studies in Paris, research scientist in Immunology at the Pasteur Institute in Paris.
1975: Left scientific research, wishing to join in his life thinking and sensitivity. Self-taught painter, looking at museums, galleries, other artists.
1975-1994: Lyrical abstraction. A great trend toward colour. A desire for clarity in the use of form and colour. Meetings with the painter Jean Hélion.
Since 1994, geometric abstraction. Meetings with the work of the sculptor Emile Gilioli, with the activity of the Repères group (Constructive Art), with the Salon des Réalités Nouvelles (Abstract Art).
-1994-2000; paintings with horizontal black lines, with emphasis on a single colour
-since 1999, studies in the whole range of colours, in a geometrical structure.
My use of simple forms is in response to a personal need for calm and clarity. My occasional use of colours in unexpected combinations reflects a more lyrical side of my personality.
Some recent exhibitions:
- since 1996, annual participation at the abstract art Salon des Réalités Nouvelles in Paris; an organizer of this Salon from 2000 to 2011.
- since 2000, represented in the Philippe Gelot gallery (Paris): personal exhibitions in 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2013.
- exhibitions in Belgium since 2007 (Center for Constructivism and Concrete Art in Hingene-Bornem, MG-Art Gallery in Zeebrugge, Galerie Synthèse in Brussels).
- exhibitions in Sydney (Australia) in Factory 49 (2007-2011, 2014).
- exhibition in Houston (USA) in Anya Tish Gallery, in 2011.
Has created large mural paintings in Belgium (1992, 1993, 1995), Switzerland (2000) and France (Paris, 2002, 2008).
Mondriaanhuis, Amersfoort (Nederland)
Arte Struktura, Milano (Italy)
Musée de Montbéliard (France)
Musée Satoru, Tome (Japan)
Galeria El, Elblag (Poland)
WORKS Jacques Weyer (°1946)